What is a Moyen Poodle
The moyen poodle is a mid-sized dog that stands between 15 and 17 inches tall and weighs between 30 and 45 pounds. They are a great choice for families who want a playful, yet easy to care for dog. Moyen poodles are also smart dogs that are easy to train. However, they do require regular exercise.
The Moyen Poodle is not a purebred dog. It is a cross between the Miniature Poodle and the Standard Poodle. The Moyen Poodle has been bred to be a larger version of the Miniature Poodle. It is not as large as the Standard Poodle, but it is too large to be considered a Miniature Poodle.
Where do Moyen Poodles Come from?
Moyen poodles were originally bred in France during the 1700s as hunting dogs. They were used to help hunters find birds on land or water, but they also became popular pets because of their small size and good nature.
The word moyen means medium sized dog in French and these days, it’s often used interchangeably with the word “standard” to describe a poodle that falls in the middle of the three size options (standard, miniature and toy).
Things to consider before buying a moyen poodle
In this blog post, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about moyen poodles before making your decision to buy one. We will discuss their cost, weight and size, as well as some other important factors you need to consider.
1. Moyen Poodle Weight and Size: The moyen poodle is a mid-sized dog that weighs between 30 pounds (13.61 kg) and 45 pounds (20.41 kg). They are 15 inches tall at the shoulder, or 38 centimeters tall at their withers. This makes them larger than toy poodles, but smaller than standard poodles. Moyen poodles are a great choice for families who want a playful dog that is easy to care for.
2. Moyen Poodle Cost: The cost of owning a moyen poodle can vary depending on the breeder you choose. However, these dogs typically range in price from $800 to $1200. Moyen poodles are a popular breed and can be found in many different locations. Make sure you do your research before purchasing one of these dogs to ensure you get the best deal possible.
3. Moyen Poodle Grooming: Moyen poodles require regular grooming, including haircuts every six weeks or so. They have a thick coat of hair that needs to be trimmed and styled regularly. If you are not willing to put in the time and effort required for regular grooming, then this may not be the right breed for you.
4. Temparament: One thing to consider before buying a moyen poodle is their temperament and personality. As with all dogs, make sure you do your research to ensure that this breed of dog would be a good fit for your individual lifestyle.
Moyens need regular exercise but can adapt well to most living situations. If you are looking for a mid-sized dog that is playful yet easygoing, then the moyen poodle may be the perfect breed for you.
Moyen Poodle weight and size chart:
|Birth to 4 Weeks||less than 4 lbs||less than 7 inches|
|4 weeks to 8 weeks|
2 lbs to 10 lbs
|4 inches to 10 inches|
|2 months to 4 months||4 lbs to 22 lbs||7 inches to 13 inches|
|4 months to 8 months||7 lbs to 23 lbs||9 inches to 19 inches|
|8 months to 1 year|
11 lbs to 24 lbs
|10 inches to 20 inches|
Moyen Poodle Temperament
Moyen poodles are typically friendly and good with children. They are intelligent dogs that love to please their owners, making them easy to train.
Moyen poodles can be a bit independent at times and may need regular exercise to keep them from becoming bored or restless. Overall, they make great family pets and are perfect for those looking for an energetic companion.
When do Moyen Poodles Stop Growing?
Moyen poodles typically stop growing at around 15 to 20 pounds. This is the size that is considered to be the “moyen” or medium size. Some may grow a little bit larger, but they should not exceed 25 pounds in weight.
If your moyen poodle exceeds this weight, he may be too large to be considered a true moyen and may start to experience some of the health problems that are common in larger dogs. The same characteristics and growing health problems occur in Goldendoodles.
Breeding process of Moyen Poodles
Moyen poodles can be bred in two different ways. The first is called line breeding, where a breeder will use two related dogs to produce offspring with desirable traits. For example, if you want your moyen poodle to have an active personality and intelligence then you might breed them together because both of those things are common in both parents.
The second way to breed moyen poodles is by crossing two different breeds together. This can be a bit more risky because you never know exactly what the offspring will look like or how they will behave, but it can also produce some very interesting results!
Moyen Poodle Health Issues
Moyen poodles are a relatively healthy breed, but they can still experience some health problems. Some of the most common issues are explained below
1.Progressive Renal atropy – PRA is a hereditary disease that causes the dog’s retina to slowly degenerate. This leads to blindness, usually starting at around six years of age.
2.Hypothyroidism-This is a condition that occurs when the dog’s thyroid gland does not produce enough hormones. It can cause problems like weight gain, hair loss, and lethargy.
3. Hypoglycemia-This condition occurs when there is not enough sugar in the blood. It can cause seizures, coma, or even death if it goes untreated for too long. Moyen poodles are particularly susceptible to this disease because of their small size and high metabolism rates that lead them to burn off sugar quickly!
What is the difference between a Moyen Poodle and a Miniature Poodle?
The main difference between a miniature poodle and a moyen poodle is size. A miniature poodle typically weighs between 11 and 15 pounds, while a moyen poodle weighs between 15 and 20 pounds.
The other differences are minor and include things like coat type, color, and personality. Moyen poodles are often considered to be the best of both worlds because they are not as small as miniature poodles but are still smaller than standard poodles.
Where to Find Moyen Poodles
The moyen poodle is not a common breed, but it can still be found if you’re willing to do some research. The American Kennel Club does not recognize the size standard for this type of dog; however, there are many reputable breeders across America who specialize in raising and selling moyens.
If you’re looking for a moyen poodle, be sure to contact the breeders below. They will be able to provide you with more information on this unique dog breed and can help you find your perfect new companion!
- Michele’s Poodles – located in Oregon, Michele’s Poodles is a breeder of standard, miniature and toy poodles. They specialize in breeding the moyen size (15-20 lbs). Their dogs are raised with love and care from birth until they are ready to go home with their new owners!
- Pampered Poodles – Located in Pennsylvania, Pampered Poodles is a breeder that specializes in breeding the moyen size (15-20 lbs). Their dogs are raised with love and care from birth until they go home to their new owners!
Do Moyen Poodles shed?
Moyen poodles are a non-shedding breed. This means that their hair will not fall out and stick to everything in your house like other dogs’ do! They are also hypoallergenic, which makes them perfect for people with allergies or asthma.
The moyen poodle is considered to be one of the best breeds for people with allergies.
How much exercise do Moyen Poodles need?
Moyen poodles require a moderate amount of exercise. They will be happy with a long walk or jog each day, but they can also adjust to life in an apartment if necessary. These dogs are not as active as some of the other poodle sizes, but they do still need regular exercise to stay healthy and happy.
Do Moyen Poodles bark a lot?
Moyen poodles do not bark as much as some other dog breeds, but they can still be noisy when excited or bored. They are intelligent dogs that enjoy learning new tricks, so it’s important to keep them mentally stimulated with toys and training sessions if you don’t want them barking all the time!
How long is the life expectancy of a Moyen Poodle?
Moyen poodles live for about 12 to 15 years on average. This is slightly longer than most other dog breeds, which typically have an average lifespan of around 11 years. The moyen poodle’s longevity can be attributed to its small size and lack of health problems that affect larger dogs like hip dysplasia or arthritis.
Are moyen poodles easy to train?
Moyen poodles are very easy to train because they’re quick learners. They have a good memory and can remember commands for years to come if you take the time now! The best way to start training your dog is by using positive reinforcement techniques like treats or praise when he does something right.
You should also make sure that you are consistent with your commands and rewards, so your dog knows what is expected of him. If you’re looking for a smart, easy-to-train dog that doesn’t shed, the moyen poodle may be the perfect breed for you!
Moyen poodles are a great choice for families who want a mid-sized dog that is easy to care for. Before making your decision, be sure to consider the cost of owning one of these dogs and how big they will get when fully grown. They are a smart breed that is easy to train, but they do require regular exercise. Thanks for reading!